The only difference between adventure and disaster is preparedness.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Prepare to Be Your Own Hero Class Tomorrow!

Register today to attend Simple Safety's "Prepare to Be Your Own Hero" class coming up on Thursday, Sept 8th.

This class is the foundation for all personal and family disaster planning.

The following topics will be addressed:

1.Building an Evacuation Kit
How do I design an evacuation kit for any age and ability?

2.Personal Evacuation Procedures
How do I evacuate with all the supplies I need?

3.Individual and Family Evacuation Planning
Where can I go and how can I get there?

4.Family Reunification Planning
How do I find my family if I am separated from them?

5.Evacuation with Pets
How do I evacuate with my pet and where can I go?
What if I have to leave them behind?

If you've attended the "Cooking in the Dark" class, you'll love "Prepare to Be Your Own Hero." Residents of Cowlitz County have many reasons to be prepared to evacuate at a moment's notice (flooding, major chemical releases, wildfires, oh and that little volcano in our backyard!).

"Prepare to Be Your Own Hero" class will be held at the Northlake Baptist Church at 2614 Ocean Beach Hwy in Longview from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on September 8th. This class is $5 per person and each registrant will receive a $5-off coupon to purchase preparedness supplies from Simple Safety.

To register for this class, click this link here and follow the directions to pay online. If you are unable to pay online, or have questions, please contact Simple Safety at 360-326-8971 or email events@simple-safety.com. Or you can always call our office at 577-3130.

No comments: