With the holidays and winter fast approaching, we want to remind drivers to be prepared for snow and ice before the first storm hits. Even mild winters can have sudden, severe storms so it’s always better to be plan ahead and “know before you go.”
We have several tools to help with winter conditions and to allow you to make safe travel choices:
- Check our best times to travel charts for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday
- Download our mobile app visit our website for travel alerts
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook or sign up for email alerts about traffic, road and pass conditions
- Pre-program your vehicle radio to 530 AM and 1610 AM or call 5-1-1 for highway advisory radio alerts
- Get prepared for your trip with winter driving tips and by packing your car kit
We expect heavier than normal traffic starting Wednesday afternoon and early Thursday for the Thanksgiving weekend, as well as Friday and Sunday afternoon and evening, so leave extra, drive safely and keep warm.
For more information about winter driving and holiday traffic, visit our blog.