From our friends at CRESA:
In light of recent high profile events, we have been asked to remind everyone to dust off your local emergency and facility safety procedures to keep yourselves and your employees safe.
1. Remember, if you see something suspicious, please say something. If the suspicious activity is in-progress, or has evidence of a crime please report it to 9-1-1 immediately.
Most incidents of interrupted terrorism are caught by alert people who are aware of their surroundings. Suspicious activity may include probing questions about security or taking pictures. You can report tips directly to the Washington State Fusion Center at this website location: http://nwwarn.org/alertSignup-Fusion.aspx.
2. To review recommendations surrounding suspicious packages, remind your employees to be aware of the protective actions recommended by the U.S. Postal Service.
If you receive a suspicious letter or package:
• Stop. Don’t handle.
• Isolate it immediately.
• Don’t open, smell, or taste
• Activate your emergency plan.
• Notify your manager.
If you suspect the mail or package contains a bomb (explosive), or radiological, biological, or chemical threat:
• Isolate area immediately.
• Call 9-1-1.
• Wash your hands with soap and water.
3. We have linked many of the official websites with trusted source recommendations on our website at http://www.cresa911.org/emergency/preparedness.php