Many people will be firing up their grills this Memorial Day weekend and throughout the summer.
With grilling season set to be in full force, take time to review a few safety tips from the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) to protect yourself and your guests from a fire or burn injuries:
· Only use your grill outside;
· Keep it away from siding and deck rails;
· Keep a 3-foot safe zone around your grill to keep kids and pets safe;
· Clean your grill after each use to remove grease, which can start a fire;
· Place the coals from your grill in a metal can with a lid once they have cooled;
· Open your gas grill before lighting; and
· Keep an eye on your grill fire pit or patio torches.
Before you fire up your grill, check out USFA’s animation on grilling safety.