- NOAA’s National Weather Service leads Seasonal Safety Campaigns to prepare the public for seasonal weather hazards.
- NOAA’s National Hurricane Center issues Atlantic and Pacific Hurricane Outlooks as a general guide to the expected overall activity during hurricane season.
- NOAA warns the public about severe weather through Wireless Emergency Alerts and NOAA Weather Radio.
- NOAA’s Storm Prediction Center issues Fire Weather Outlooks to help local officials prepare for potential wildfires.
- NOAA’s Space Weather Prediction Center provides space weather forecasts, watches, warnings and alerts.
- NOAA’s Weather Prediction Center provides snow and ice forecasts from September 15 - May 15.
- NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center monitors drought and El Niño conditions.
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Do You Know NOAA?
NOAA’s National Weather Service (NWS) provides weather, water and climate data and forecasts and warnings to protect life and property and enhance the national economy. Our goal is a Weather-Ready Nation, one that is prepared for and responds to weather-dependent events. Here’s what we’re doing to prepare the public for fall weather hazards.