The only difference between adventure and disaster is preparedness.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cool Idea

A reader sent in this cool idea for an emergency stove.  Looks like all you need is a big can, a sharp knife, some foil, some charcoal briquettes and a grate.  And, if you're me, an EMT on standby to stitch up my fingers when I slice them open.  If you are unable to see the picture, go to www.cowlitzcountydem.blogspot.com.  If you've ever made one of these, let us know how it worked in the comments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks to me like a coffee can. My suggestion would be to keep the lid and you could bring it back up together and re-use. I will have to try this and will let you know how it works. Not sure where I'll find a rack, but sure I'll find one somewhere. :) Linda B.