"Map Your Neighborhood" (MYN) is a program designed to help neighborhoods prepare for disaster. Working together as a team and contributing as an individual helps develop stronger communities.
MYN training will be held on Thursday, June 14th from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the PUD Auditorium at 961 12th Ave in Longview. To take advantage of this FREE learning opportunity, contact Jennifer Engkraf, Emergency Management Coordinator, at 577-3130 or by email at DEM@co.cowlitz.wa.us.
You will learn:
- The 9 steps to take following a disaster
- How to develp a neighborhood skills and equipment inventory
- How to map your neighborhood and identify areas of concern
- How to work together as a team to evaluate your neighborhood after a disaster
- How to set up your own neighborhood meeting to discuss disaster response including all materials needed