The only difference between adventure and disaster is preparedness.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

I don't like this trend

No, not the trend of pajama jeans, though that trend is just as disturbing. I'm talking about the amount of earthquakes going on the last few days. This map shows all earthquakes registering 3.0 and above for the past week, the red indicates 4.5 and above. I know that small earthquakes happen in and around our area all the time, but I'm not real thrilled with the larger size and frequency of these.

This data comes from a smart phone app called EarthquakeAlert. They get their data from the United States Geological Survey (USGS).

So, the next time you roll your eyes when I run around and scream "O..M..G, ya'll gotta be prepared for earthquakes---aaaahhhhh!!!" Remember that there's a reason we say things like that. Though, there's no reason why we'd adopt such a strange vocal pattern to do so.

No comments: