The only difference between adventure and disaster is preparedness.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

5 Stages of Weather Grief

Every morning when I check the weather forecast I fall into an ever deepening abyss of rain-soaked depression and malaise. But no more! Let's be done being mad at something we can't change. I went through an accelerated 5 stages of grief while watching the weather this morning. It went a little something like this...

1. Denial – "But it was kinda sunny the other day. This can't be happening, not again, it's JUNE!"
2. Anger – "Are you KIDDING me?! This is ridiculous! Whose fault is this?"
3. Bargaining – "Just one sunny day, please! I'll do anything...just a few hours even."
4. Depression – "I'm not getting out of bed today. What's the point? I hate it here. I quit."
5. Acceptance – "Whatever, the Twilight books/movies made being pale cool, so I guess the lack of sun makes me supercool. Also, I get to keep wearing my favorite sweatshirt, so I guess it's all ok."

No comments: