The only difference between adventure and disaster is preparedness.

Friday, February 5, 2010

I.D. Cards for kids, elderly parents or anyone


Last week, in my post, "Are your kids ready for an emergency?" I mentioned that it is a good idea to have I.D. cards for each of your children in the event of an emergency. While you probably agree that creating an I.D. card is a good idea, does the thought of actually making one seem a bit overwhelming? Don't stress, there are directions and templates for making these. Emergency preparedness enthusiast and home-school extraordinaire Barb Shelton just happens to make I.D. cards, and has created instructions for anyone to use in making these for yourself! You do need to have a basic knowledge of Word, but even if you've never made a table (which is what she uses), a tutorial on that is linked from within the instructions. But if even THAT seems over-the-top to you, Barb also makes and sells these cards. The order form is on the last page of the instructions. Here's the link to get you started: http://www.homeschooloasis.com/HowToMakeIDCard+OrderForm.doc

No comments: