The only difference between adventure and disaster is preparedness.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Rise of the Preppers

Here is a link to an interesting article about preparedness that I found on Newsweek.com regarding the new age of preparedness. Being prepared for disaster isn't just for weird gun- enthusiasts that live off the grid---it's for everyone! I found the article interesting and I hope you do as well. I don't necessarily like the label "Prepper" as it gives me a visual of tucked-in polo shirts and pleated shorts, but I like what it represents.

2 comments:

UK Preppers said...

There's a growing movement along the same lines in the UK too. Inevitable, really. It'll be like the 1600s all over again for us, the old order changes.

BB

Cowlitz County DEM said...

I guess we'll all party like it's 1599---no matter what continent we're on.